Master Classes + Workshops + Guest Lectures
Melody is available for guest lectures or to teach master classes including:
- Melody's "Top 10" Tips for Documentary Filmmaking
- Documentary "Boot Camp" (beginner to advanced)
- Backpack Filmmaking: Going Alone, Thriving & Surviving
- Crowdfunding Your Film: Top 10 Tips
- The Truth About Film Festivals
All of Melody's presentations include clips from her films and audience participation. Workshops range from 30 minutes to an immersive week-long course.
Melody is also available for:
- Group Tutoring/Mentoring
- Individual "Work-in-Progress" Analysis
- Storytelling Coaching
- Available to join your team as a producer and/or story consultant
Workshop clients include: Balkan Documentary Center, Moldox Film Festival, Music Box Theater, Northwestern University MFA in Documentary Filmmaking Class (guest lecturer) , Columbia College (visiting artist for a semester), DePaul University (guest lecturer), IFP-MN, Loyola University (guest lecturer), Sofia International Film Festival, University of Minnesota (lecturer), Carleton College (visiting professor), Big Water Film Festival (guest filmmaker), Scottish Documentary Institute, SoIndependent Film Festival, South High School, Producer's Conference (IFP), NATFIZ (Bulgarian Film School), American University in Bulgaria, and in Romania and Kyrgyrzstan (through USIA programs and Internews).